Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Stuck

Author’s Note: This short poem was inspired by the picture below.  It started out as a reflective piece, but the more I thought about it, the more it seemed to fit better as a poem.  So I switched up the layout, made a few tweeks and now it’s a poem.  I wrote this piece when I was feeling especially alone.  I hope you can feel my feeling defeat and lonlieness throughout this piece, because there was a lot of it running through my mind when I wrote it.


sometimes I feel like this tree
just out on my own
even though birds pass over
or even land on the branches
they don’t stay for very long  
just long enough
to earn my trust
and then to throw it back in my face
as they fly away
and here I sit
letting the cool waves
wash over me  
they are never powerful enough
to knock me over
but strong enough
to discourage me from moving
forward.  
I feel adrift
it’s like i’m walking through this world
with a blindfold on
and nobody will stop to help me
all I do is trip and stumble
it’s only a matter of time
before I refuse to get back up

No comments:

Post a Comment